[Pre purchase question] - Is my space suitable?

Making the most with your ProtoMAX.
I_Make_Stuff

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:09 pm

I'm not sure if this is the proper spot to post this, so forgive me if I put it in the wrong group.

I have a laundry room with a doorway that is 31 inches wide, down a narrow hallway that is just a little bit wider than that at 36" wide. So my questions are:

Question 1: Will the machine fit down the hallway and through that doorway?

Question 2: Once in the laundry room, will the facilities in there be sufficient to run the machine? I have a sink with a drain to septic, and I have the fat electrical outlets that my dryer is hooked into. I also have existing water hoses that my washing machine is plumbed into.

Question 3: Do I need to be concerned about mess, smells, dust, flooding, and the like?

Kimball S
OMAX Employee

Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:39 pm

The actual table less the wheels is 34", with the wheels 39 1/2" wide. You can view the complete Utilities requirement on the ProtoMAX.com. opening page. The short answer is yes, a utility sink could work. Not so sure about a regular sink. A concern to keep in mind is the ProtoMAX drain water will have garnet. Over time the garnet could plug your home drain system and septic tank. To solve this issue we offer the Garnet Removal System. The drain water from ProtoMAX flows into a tank with a filter which catches the garnet in the water. The tank has a pump with a pressure switch that sends the clean water to drain. The GSS is the best way to drain the ProtoMAX. The Utilities Requirement sheet has the electrical information. The water supply as you describe should be fine as long as it meets the minimum pressure.

Dave F
OMAX Employee

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:07 am

Also, the Garnet Separation System (GSS) noted in the reply will be available at time we ship our first units and looks like that will be a great investment. Even though the diameter is 39.5" with the wheel base, it can be jockeyed thru a 36" door.