Page 1 of 1
How do I get programs to the machine / Does it need to be near my computer?
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:21 am
How do I transfer my tool paths to the machine? What options are available?
Re: How do I get programs to the machine / Does it need to be near my computer?
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:30 am
On the machine itself is a standard Windows 10 laptop which connects to the machine by a USB cable. This means there are many options available, as with any Windows based PC's.
Some of the many options:
- Use a USB thumb drive to walk the files back and forth.
- Connect the laptop to your local network, then have a shared folder or similar to transfer back and forth.
- Do your programming at the machine using the supplied basic laptop.
- Take the laptop to a more comfortable area, do your work on it, and then bring the laptop back to the machine.
- Use a shared folder, such as OneDrive that is built into Windows to synchronize files across devices.
- You do not need to use the supplied laptop to run the machine. It is perfectly reasonable to use a different laptop or other PC, provided that device meets the minimum system requirements (Windows 10, 64 bit, and other). This is especially handy for sharing the machine across multiple users, such as in a school environment!
- For maximum machine reliability, only use the provided USB cable. Do not replace or extend it.