Shadow Box

Made something amazing? Show everyone here.
Christine L
OMAX Employee

Wed May 01, 2019 1:20 pm

This is my most recent Proto-MAX project that I did. Its shadow box sand blasted and painted in white. Dimensions on this box is 7" x 7" cube.

Material used: 1/8" Alum 6061
Cut Quality: Q5
Estimated time to cut on each piece (Except for top cover piece): 45-58 mins each designed piece
Font used: (Windows True Type Tool) Edwardian Script ITC (When using this font, modify them by spacing between intersection point so that the negative space doesn't cutout whole chunk of letter)

Shadow projection will show in reverse (words read in reverse). In order to eliminate the reverse shadow issue, you can assemble the side panels in reverse so that the shadow projection can be correct. I prefer to leave it as is since I wanted to focus on actual design aspect of part itself rather than shadow projection result.
ShadowBox01_SandBlasted.jpg
ShadowBox02_Painted.jpg
ShadowBox03_SpringSummerSides.jpg
ShadowBox04_AutumnWinterSides.jpg
ShadowBox05Projection.jpg
Dave F
OMAX Employee

Wed May 01, 2019 1:24 pm

Nice looking work; great design. The parts all fit and "locked" in place without any fastening?
Christine L
OMAX Employee

Wed May 01, 2019 1:44 pm

Thank you. Yes. For inward groove portion, I've added half kerf width offset on width of groove so that the part fits without additional fastening.